- 2021-02-18: Japan Post shipping resumes to Ireland, Ukraine, Argentina and Chile from Feb 26th. (Source)
- 2020-11-26: Canada is suspended from Registered Shipping starting Nov. 27 according to Japan Post update. All pending orders have been dispatched today. Until the situation is back to normal, we can ship to Canada via DHL only. Additionally, Combined Shipping is now available to customers in Canada.
Japan Post suspensions
In April 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic and the lack of outbound flights from Japan, Japan Post temporarily suspended its international postal services including Registered Airmail to multiple countries. We have partnered with private carriers such as DHL to offer alternatives methods, and ship with Japan Post to those countries where available.
We are continuously monitoring the situation, and our shipping options are being promptly updated any time changes occur.
Shipping availability and methods
Please visit our Shipping page for the list of countries we can ship to, and detailed information about our current shipping options.
- Typically, we are processing orders within the usual timeframe, which is 5 business days (except on peak times, pre-orders, and sale periods, when it can be a few days longer)
- Delays are expected for all orders shipped via Japan Post due to the global reduction of flights, tightened customs scrutiny, decreased carrier operations, local lock-downs, etc.
- Some packages may be returned to us if unable to ship. If we receive your package back, we will notify you via e-mail. We will hold it until the suspension is lifted, or re-ship it for an additional cost via private carrier at your request.
- If your package was sent by Registered Airmail, you can check the latest information on your shipment via this link from Japan Post (here's another link where every step is explained)
- Your package can not be located if it doesn't have a tracking number. You'll need to be patient.
- By placing an order, you accept that shipping delays are beyond our control.
Some orders placed in March/April 2020 couldn't be sent due to the sudden shipping restrictions by Japan Post, and some others were rejected by Japan Post and returned to us. These packages are safely stored in our headquarters, and will be shipped when Japan Post shipping is resumed, so please contact us anytime if you need to change your shipping address.
If your order is on hold and was initially placed with "Standard Shipping" (untracked), please note the following:
- Due to the irregular situation, adding tracking and insurance to your package is highly advised (if available).
- If your package ships without tracking and without insurance once Japan Post shipping is resumed, please note:
- The package may take several weeks to arrive. You'll need to be patient.
- We will take photos of your order and package as proof of shipment. Any delay, loss or damage after the package is handed to Japan Post will not be our responsibility.
- If you have a more recent order pending shipping via DHL (including "Combined Shipping" orders in hold) all your orders will ship via DHL Express, since it's faster and safer.
You can also request immediate shipping via DHL Express by purchasing this product. Since DHL is considerably more expensive an extra fee is required. You can add other products from our shop and the shipping fee won't change.
In general, any new order from the same customer will be automatically combined and sent together with their April order. However, if your order on hold was a kit from our old subscription or a returned package, please let us know with a message on the cart's "Order Notes" (we might miss it since they're not on the system). Shipping fees will be re-calculated and, if applicable, the excess will be refunded.
Thank you for your patience
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding while the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting global shipping. Rest assured we are monitoring the situation closely and will continue to update this post and our website as the situation changes.
Thank you so much for your support to our small business during this difficult time. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com